A Post With 10 Tips to Lose Weight by Cape Town Weight Loss Specialist Kevin Anderson
We want to have a huge impact on your weight loss efforts. Swimsuit season is almost here. Let’s rock it out with some hot tips for losing weight and feeling great.
1. Keep a food journal. Sound too easy? Maybe, but it works. People who write down everything they eat lose more weight than those who do not. Ramp up the results with a pal: find a friend to trade journals with once a week. If you know someone else is going to read your journal, you will be more likely to resist those extra treats.
2. Clean out your kitchen. If it isn’t there, you can’t eat it. Eliminate impulse eating by surrounding yourself with wholesome, satisfying foods. Reducing calories is the number one way to start dropping kilos. Keep high-calorie, nutrient-deficient foods out of your house.
3. Work up a sweat. Exercise will help prevent additional weight gain and help keep off the kilos you have already lost. Make sure you do at least 2 days of strength training each week (the more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn) and 2 days of cardio each week (blasting away a few hundred calories a day is great for the metabolism). Of course, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) like we do at ForeverStrong work the best!
4. Don’t get too hungry. When you let yourself get too hungry, you tend to have less self-control. It’s hard to resist eating whatever is at hand when we are miserably hungry. Top off your appetite every 3 hours or so with a nutritious ‘mini-meal,’ to avoid those plunges in blood sugar that leave you willing to eat anything edible in sight.
5. Sleep. If you sleep less than 7 hours each night, you will have a much harder time losing weight. Lack of sleep interferes with your body’s signals that tell you when you are hungry and when you are satiated.
6. Ditch the late-night snacks. Research has shown that eating late can drastically increase weight gain in mice. Two groups of mice were fed the same calories for 6 weeks, but one group ate late and the other group didn’t. The group that ate late packed on many more kilos than the earlier-eating mice1. Try finishing all your food for the day by 8 o’clock each evening.
7. Don’t drink your calories (other than protein shakes). Many people consume huge amounts of calories in their beverages. Drink water, and save the calorie-laden drinks for a weekend treat.
8. Eat breakfast. Eating breakfast kick-starts your metabolism for the day and is a well-known strategy for weight loss. People who skip breakfast do not end up consuming fewer calories during the day; they eventually make them up by nibbling and bingeing throughout the day.
9. Find daily accountability. Enlist a friend to keep you on course for exercise and sensible eating. Or hire a personal trainer who will keep you accountable. It is hard to change lifestyle habits alone, but with a friend it is much more pleasant. Use texting, email, or phone calls to stay in touch throughout the day; it will help keep you on track.
10. Set small goals. You need to work toward small goals. Reward yourself for exercising X number of days each week, resisting soft drinks, or eating all your vegetable every day. Reaching goals provides powerful momentum to keep you moving forward.
What are your top weight loss tips? Share them in the comment section below!
For 42 Delicious Healthy Recipes, CLICK HERE
GREATEST VICTORIES ARE BORN IN THE HEART
Kevin Anderson – Owner of ForeverStrong
PS- It Pays to Refer! See below:
– Receive R100 cash for every person that you refer to our program who becomes a trial member
– Receive R500 cash for every person that you refer who becomes a paying member of ForeverStrong
Please note that due to the volume of marketing we do, we simply can’t reward you if those you know who join DON’T mention your name. So please make sure you tell anyone you refer to tell us that you sent them our way to best make sure you get the credit for the referral when they become a member.
P.S. – If you enjoyed this post please share it with your friends using the social media buttons below.
P.P.S. – Please ask a question or share a comment with us in the Leave a Comment section at the very bottom of the page. We love your feedback and will use it to develop future blog posts.