A Post Showing Exactly What You Need to Do to Get a Flat Belly & Sexy Abs WITHOUT Crunches or Sit-ups by Cape Town Personal Trainer Kevin Anderson
In The “No More Crunches Flat Belly & Sexy Abs Solution” Part 1 Jp dispelled 4 common myths about abdominal training. If you missed it, READ PART 1 FIRST. Otherwise, here’s what you need to start flattening your stomach and revealing those sexy abs today…Your 6-Pack Abs Blueprint
1. Get rid of the fat that is hiding your abs
A.) Burn fat and increase metabolism with this eating strategy:
- Every day, drink 250 – 500ml of water as soon as you wake up, and then at least 1 x your body weight in 30ml throughout the day
- For every 15 minutes of vigorous movement, drink another 250ml – 500ml of water.
- Eat a high-protein meal as soon as you wake up each morning, and then eat again every 2-4 hours throughout the day.
- Other than the meals around your workout, stick to protein, veggies and healthy fats. You only need non-veggie carbs around your workout.
Meal 1: Chicken Breast, greens, eggs
Meal 2: Post-workout Shake
Meal 3: Big salad with meat (shrimp, chicken or salmon), avocado, beans, balsamic dressing
Meal 4: Nitrate-free deli meat, cucumbers, nuts
Meal 5: Spaghetti squash and chicken or grass-fed beef meatballs
Meal 6: Protein Shake with flax & greens
- Each day, be sure to take a multi-vitamin and an EFA supplement
- Follow the Carbohydrate Reduction Blueprint (listed below). If you have hit a plateau in attaining your 6-pack abs, this plan will help you. Follow the steps in the order given:
1. Eliminate all white carbohydrates (flour, sugar, rice, etc.) and replace them with 100% whole grain carbohydrates (wheat, rye, millet, oats, brown rice, wild rice, quinoa) and natural sugars (honey, maple syrup, molasses, date sugar).
2. Only consume whole grain starches and natural sugars in the 2 hour window after your workout or for breakfast.
3. Eliminate all starches and sugars, and replace them with vegetables and fruits.
4. Eliminate all fruits, and replace them with green vegetables.
5. Use a carbohydrate and calorie cycling plan to move your body into the next level (I and my clients have done this with amazing success. It does not, however, fit within the scope of this blog post.)
B.) Burn fat and increase metabolism with this training strategy:
Total-Body Metabolic Resistance Training 3 days each week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
Total Body Circuit: Using a 50:10 work:rest format, perform the following 5 interval exercises. Work 50 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds for each exercise listed. The entire workout should take about 20 minutes, so you will cycle through the whole circuit about 4 times.
ForeverStrong Transformers Doing High Pulls
High-Intensity Cardio Interval Training 3 days each week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday:
Cardio Training: Using a 30/30 ratio for 20 minutes total, alternate between 30 seconds of high intensity (maximum effort) and 30 seconds of low intensity (recovery) exercise. Example cardio exercises include running, spinning, elliptical trainer, tread mill, running in place, jumping jacks, etc.)
2. Stabilize your abs (this is their true purpose)
If you’re ready for rock solid abs, master the exercises below (along with all the above instructions). There are no crunches or sit-ups in this plan. Rather, it is all pillar work, which will work to massively stabilize your core. Get ready. It’s a killer workout, but the results are worth every bit of effort you put into it. I guarantee super-abs if you follow my plan!
Tabata Style Workout:
This workout will focus on stabilizing your pillar. Your pillar includes your shoulders, hips and core. This area of your body is the foundation of every move you make. Treat it well, and you will have a powerhouse mid-section.
The ratio for this workout is 20:10. You will work for 20 second and rest for 10 seconds. Go through the sequence 2 times (it should take you about 4 minutes), and then take a 1-minute rest before going on to the next exercise.
ForeverStrong Transformers Doing Side Pillars
To really maximize the effectiveness of this workout, try to hold a tight pillar position during the whole workout. This is accomplished by pulling your naval back toward your spine, activating your glutes and holding a straight line from your shoulders all the way down to the heels of your feet.
- Front Pillar Variation (static or dynamic)
- Left Side Pillar Variation (static or dynamic)
- Right Side Pillar Variation (static or dynamic)
- Back Pillar Variation (static or dynamic)
We’ve come a long way in training abs. The science behind these workouts brings far greater results than the old-school crunches and other useless moves. Forget the latest gadget that you see blasted across your television set too. Work this plan hard, and you will have a great set of abs. Trust me.
R500 Referral Club
Thank you Krisnah for referring Chesna to ForeverStrong!
For 42 Delicious Healthy Recipes, CLICK HERE
GREATEST VICTORIES ARE BORN IN THE HEART
Kevin Anderson – Owner of ForeverStrong P.T.
P.S. – If you enjoyed this post please share it with your friends using the social media buttons below.
P.P.S. – Please ask a question or share a comment with us in the Leave a Comment section at the very bottom of the page. We love your feedback and will use it to develop future blog posts.